Mandriva UK Limited is launched
Mandriva UK Limited (United Kingdom) was launched on May 23rd 2007 as the sole UK partner for Mandriva S.A, offering Mandriva Linux operating systems. Our target areas are corporate applications and solutions to individuals, educational institutions, public and private organizations, ISVs and OEMs all over the United Kingdom.
The goal of Mandriva UK Limited (United Kingdom) is to provide local distribution of Mandriva Linux and other integrated open source applications in multiple languages throughout the UK.
Mandriva UK strategic goals are based on the following:
* the development of a nationwide support network through
http://www.mandriva.uk.com/support.html and other databases.
Mandriva UK has formed a special Linux database for customers
purchasing from the UK, the database will include the following:
- access to Linux Command Database;
- access to problem and solutions Database;
- priority problem solving (private questions and answers form).
This private Database will be active from July 2007;
* making Mandriva products available through UK OEMs, and
VARs. Bundling Mandriva Linux with their hardware, for private
and corporate users;
* work with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to provide an open
source integration environment for their application, thereby
make their products available to the international market;
* work with educational institutions and organizations in bridging
the digital divide;
* appoint and develop Mandriva certified business partners to
provide Linux deployment and act as a support network to help
individuals and organizations;
* appoint and develop Mandriva authorized education centres to
provide Linux Professional Institute-certified Linux training and
create a network of certified Linux engineers and professionals;
* sales through distribution networks of Mandriva Linux software
The OEM versions of all Mandriva products are currently available and running on hardware from major international OEM vendors like HP, IBM/Lenovo, Dell and Acer. Mandriva UK plans to work with local OEMs in bundling these products on their hardware.