The latest beta version of Mozilla Firefox 2 has just been released! Beta 2 is available for download now from the Firefox 2 Beta 2 milestone releases page, which contains information related to the release. Alternatively, you can go directly to the downloads page if you don't want to see all of the releases notes.
"New features and changes in this milestone that require feedback include:
- A new theme that updates Firefox’s familiar interface
- Built in Phishing Protection
- Enhanced search engine management and search suggestions for Google, Yahoo! and Answers.com
- Improvements to tabbed browsing, including the ability to re-open recently closed tabs
- Firefox will resume from where you left off after a system crash or browser restart
- Better support for previewing and subscribing to Web feeds
- Inline spell checking in Web forms
- The ability to create bookmarks with “Live Titles” for Web sites that offer microsummaries
- New Add-ons manager that simplifies management of extensions and themes.
- Extended search plugin format
- Updates to the extension system to provide enhanced security and to allow for easier localization of extensions
- Support for client-side session and persistent storage
- Support for SVG text using svg:textPath
- New Windows installer based on Nullsoft Scriptable Install System"