Though Linuxlookup.com makes every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on this website, Linuxlookup.com or the document author(s) DO NOT accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from a direct or indirect result of information found on this website.
HowTo documents are offered in good faith, as comprising of proper programming, configuration and procedure. Use at your own risk.
We suggest taking the following precautions before executing any instructional information.
Before getting started
- Take a full backup of the system.
- Thoroughly read the HowTo instructions step-by-step and understand the end result.
- When modifying configuration files, consider making a copy, along with using comments to indicate the change.
- For future reference and troubleshooting it is a good idea to keep a Change Log of all your system modifications.
- Instead is using root, get in the habit of using 'sudo' to execute commands that require escalated privileges.
Our HowTo Guides
- Steps are outlined in numbered order, be sure to follow them accordingly.
- To distinguish a Command from Configuration, we also use colours for easy identification.